World Freedom Federation

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Freedom Federation CyberNations alliance forum

2 posters

Southern "BBQ" Shrimp Spring Rolls

chauncy
    chauncy
    Deputy Skymarshal
    Deputy Skymarshal

Alliance : Weird Freedumb Featherasian

Southern "BBQ" Shrimp Spring Rolls Empty Southern "BBQ" Shrimp Spring Rolls

Post by chauncy Sat May 15, 2010 10:47 am

Man, so work as been kicking my ass cooking wise; it's funny how I get a restaurant job and I somehow stop cooking. Anyways I'll try to keep this up with at least recipes I have in my head, with which I will then do when I can.

This one I have made in parts before, and putting this all together in a spring roll wrap (I got a whole pack I gotta use up somehow) just seems like it'll be delicious.

Southern "BBQ" Shrimp, I say that because this cajun style shrimp isn't bbq like you typically think, being mostly butter, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, and parsley. I make it like this:

1 bag frozen shrimp
    1 stick of butter (fuck yeah!)
    1 clove of garlic (or sometimes I use powdered garlic, about 1Tbs)
    2 Tbs paprika
    1 Tbs chili powder
    1/2 Tbs cayenne.
    Few sprigs of Parsley (I grow some, if you used dried parsley it'll be about 1/3 of the amount)

^Now that is just a rough outline, depending on who you make it for you might need to change up the amount of chili powder or cayenne (pussies), also it depends on how big the bag of shrimp is Razz I'll be refining that when I make it tomorrow(?)

I'm gonna add some avocado ass I think the creaminess will help cool down the heat from the shrimp.

I'm also going to add a little rice, which I don't think is typical practice for spring rolls, and now thinking about I could probably just go out and get a package of nori sheets instead, they'd probably work just as well with this recipe, if not better.

Anyways, jasmine rice, and I add fresh lime juice to it to give it that flavor.

What else? I might julienne some carrots to add to it, maybe come cucumber as well? I should, I should.

For a sauce I might make a spicy mayo, the "dynamite" sauce. I'll either have to sneak a peak at works recipe, or I could cheap out and steal some home with me. I know it has sriracha in it, that's about all I know.

Well, lets see how it turns out, hopefully tomorrow night

Awesome
    Nord Belka
    Nord Belka
    Skymarshal
    Skymarshal

Alliance : WFF

Character sheet
    RPG Nation Name: Belkan Federation
    RPG Nation Ruler: Grey Men

Southern "BBQ" Shrimp Spring Rolls Empty Re: Southern "BBQ" Shrimp Spring Rolls

Post by Nord Belka Sat May 15, 2010 1:02 pm

im hungry now Awesome

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 1:03 pm

i wants to see how it looks Southern "BBQ" Shrimp Spring Rolls Icon_biggrin
    chauncy
    chauncy
    Deputy Skymarshal
    Deputy Skymarshal

Post by chauncy Tue May 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Alright, as I said before I'll make good and bad foods, but not matter what I'll post the results.

Well the food turned out pretty good, I could have used maybe one more lime in the rice, but I only had 2 (someones used my others Evil or Very Mad )

I did in fact make the sauce. I used sriracha, mayo, a little bit of soy sauce, and vegetable oil (although peanut or sesame seed oil would be much better) to thin it out. Do it by taste as it can get kinda hot.

I don't like the way it looks, I made a few, had a few mishaps with filling it too much, and then the chili pepper seeds were clogging up my little squeeze bottle so it blew its load like some kinda money shot. And the lighting is kinda shit.

Oh well:

You can see where I tried to squirt it out on the sides of the plate first Razz

Southern "BBQ" Shrimp Spring Rolls 2gt6q6w
    Nord Belka
    Nord Belka
    Skymarshal
    Skymarshal

Alliance : WFF

Character sheet
    RPG Nation Name: Belkan Federation
    RPG Nation Ruler: Grey Men

Post by Nord Belka Wed May 19, 2010 8:43 am

Do you ship foods via fedex within the US?
    chauncy
    chauncy
    Deputy Skymarshal
    Deputy Skymarshal

Post by chauncy Wed May 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Yes. With paypal. You can also play with the dry ice afterward too!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 pm