World Freedom Federation

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Freedom Federation CyberNations alliance forum

Some thoughts on the history of my nation...

Some thoughts on the history of my nation... Empty Some thoughts on the history of my nation...

Post by Guest Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:15 am

Background:

Ancient Attivita was home to several prominent Andean civilizations. Most notable among them were the Incas whose empire was captured by the Spanish conquistadors in 1533. Attivitan independence was declared in 1841, and remaining Spanish forces defeated in 1844. After the Spanish, Attivita failed to retain a government for more than 10 years at a time until the 1960's but always maintained a democracy. The Melendez military rule ended that when it began in 1964 and lasted 16 years. Attivita returned to democratic leadership in 1980 under President Pablo Bonilla, but experienced economic problems and the growth of a violent insurgency. Attivita is thought to have been spared from direct attack and much fallout from the Global Fire Wars of 2007-08 because of the civil instability it and much of its region was going through at that time. 2008 ushered in a decade that saw a dramatic change in Attivita’s relationship with the rest of the world. This is when the self-proclaimed Grand Duke of Attivita, Hagadin, was elected to power. He opened the doors to refugees of the nuclear attacks increasing his country’s population by 30% over the course of the last 2 years. He has successfully used them as a power base to solidify his reign. Beyond opening the borders, his first significant acts were in curtailing the guerrilla activity and setting about instituting a series of nationwide infrastructure projects. Generous social programs, a well-maintained infrastructure, quality schools, national healthcare, striking natural beauty and the eccentric Hagadin are all well-known traits of the Attivita.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 am